In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Thad

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 am

I dreamed that my grandmother wanted to go see the sequel to Ass, the movie from Idiocracy that is just an ass. Because unlike the first movie, Ass 2 was a story about a tourist being abducted in a foreign land. (I think it was a documentary.)

So we went to see the sequel to Ass, and that thing happened like happens in dreams where you start out as a passive observer but then you're in the thing. So I had a very disturbing dream where I was in a foreign land where a scary man (who I believe resembled Iwan Rheon, TV's Ramsay Bolton) was attempting to get me to go somewhere with him while I tried to ask people for help but could not speak the language. I woke up pretty freaked out.

Whatever the fuck I ate last night, I should remember never to order again.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Yes but was the titular ass yours or someone else's?

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Dreamed I went to visit an incredibly squalid house with people I'd never met, some of my family was there, presumably at least some of these people I'd never met were family, it was awkward as shit. Was vaguely menaced by several of these people and went to the nearest civilization with some of the less overtly violent ones. Ran into Silversong for some reason? The connective "logic" starts getting even hazier here but it ends with harrowing attempts to rollerblade down stairs guided only by neon lights in the distance.

Any time my subconscious is ready to not do this to me every day would be nice.

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:31 am

Caithness wrote:Yes but was the titular ass yours or someone else's?

There was absolutely no reason why this movie should have been the sequel to Ass.

I guess it's like Troll 2: it's not really a sequel, and it doesn't have any trolls in it.

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Not sure why I'm even keeping record of these they're so frequent at this point.

Marauded by hoorifying CGI monstrosities through a... parking garage? It looked like a parking garage. It was all quite uncanny because everything looked realistic, except what was chasing me which looked like an untextured 3D model of vaguely Shin Megami Tensei demonish construction. Dream ends with me cornered, kind of an anti-climax.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Game Over, Bad+ Ending.

Continue? New Game?
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:46 pm

So, I periodically get story seed ideas in dreams and tell myself someday I'll write them up. I do record them and if I ever think of things to add, I do.

Got kind of a cool Suzanna Moody/Roald Dahl mashup idea about seelie elves (i.e. the evil, capricious kind) having a habit of planting elf kids in the real world since they mature faster among humans, then they come back later, tell the kid they're "the special chosen one" (when really they just have some moderate niche magical talent) and then take them off to fairyland where they just become slaves in the endless petty wars among overpowered lunatics.

The story is about one such little girl figuring out the score and rejecting that (meaning she really is a bit special, but also not at all), and also discovering that she's not the first to do so, since she gets some help along the way from another, older, wiser, humanboo elf.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Also, yesterday I dreamed that I was having clam chowder and a Guinness for dinner (I don't hate Guinness or anything, but I'm not normally partial to stouts in general) and I can't get that idea out of my head so, as Starr said "Make it so, Number One."

Something something Hobbes dreamed about a sandwich.

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Had a surreally long dream about being passenger in a car that drove off a cliff, a fall so long that dream me had time to process 1. there was no escape and 2. when the car hit the ground it was going to kill or permanently disfigure me, literally dream me saying out loud to no one in particular "Oh I guess this is how I die". There's probably something correlating to my real life thought process in there but it's both kind of textbook and the more visual element of the dream was viscerally upsetting enough that it scarcely matters.

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Dreams are the worst shitty what if be careful what you wish fors. What if no one in the family was disabled and money wasn't so tight but also what if they were still ANGRY AND SHOUTING ALL OF THE TIME BET YOU DIDN'T GET ENOUGH SHOUTING WHILE AWAKE SO NOW IT'S HERE IN YOUR DREAMS.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 am

Four nights in a row of fighting for my life all night. I think it's probably an improvement though; used to be when things attacked me in dreams I'd run and hide and then they'd get me. Lately I fight back, and hold my own. I'm curious how much of that is due to a year of therapy, and how much is because I started watching Buffy.

Still, I think I'm overdue for marshmallow bunny tea party dreams. (Fanboy can come too.)

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 am

Last night I dreamed I was watching an Adam West Batman episode. Apparently, in my dream universe, someone had discovered a "lost season" that had been filmed in the early 1980s but never released until now. I wish I could have remembered more details, but I was awoken by the cat barfing on my floor.

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Welcome to dreamland, you're back in college, also for some reason a mass shooting is happening. Please enjoy your stay as you run a bizarre gauntlet of paranoia between places where there is gunfire and places where it is for some reason just normal new places and people awkwardness.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:02 pm

You get an anxiety dream! And you get an anxiety dream! Everybody gets an anxiety dream!!

My wife and I invited some people over to our place for the evening. And by "our place," I mean something like a missile silo or nuclear bunker or some other such brutalistically concrete facility that had been renovated into a luxury home. Clean walls, oriental rugs, chandeliers, Erin Hanson paintings, all that nice stuff. We even opened one of the blast doors up top to serve as a kind of atrium/skylight. We were pretty psyched, but our guests thought we were survivalist weirdos.

I partly blame my wife on this one. She's been hunting for homes lately, staying up late to research prospective properties and scrutinizing realtor profiles. I haven't seen her like this since she was doing challenge dungeons in Warlords of Draenor.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:39 am

While I was walking to Connecticut I passed some people playing Lazer Tag in a field full of puddles. When I checked my map software to see how far it actually was (ONE THOUSAND MILES) I decided I'd probably better turn back and get my bike.

MarsDragon

Postby MarsDragon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Had a dream where a lightbulb burned out, so I went to the nearest store to get a new one.

At the store they made me pay in advance, took three days to order the lightbulb, then made me pay another eighty bucks to actually get it.

When I complained, the store rep told me about how important the store was to people.

I said yeah, but next time I'm still going to Amazon instead.

Then I went to get my bike and got assaulted by very friendly sheep.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm

i dreamt i went to paris and when i came back i didn't have a house anymore

brexit is killing me

François

Postby François » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Nah, French pickpockets are just that damn good.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm

I was having a series of dreams which were kind of sad, people from high school accusing me of doing nothing with my life, memories of bygone pets, etc. so when I got up to feed the cats I was kind of melancholy, but also annoyed "Hey! My dreams are supposed to be about cool adventures and fun stuff! Boo!" (I mean, not always, but most of the time).

So when I went back to bed to finish sleeping instead I dreamt that some how I had managed to weasel my way into the Trumpian court and secured for myself the position of Court Jester of the Republic. I kept telling mocking jokes that Trump were a hoot, but I couldn't think of very many so I got you guys to all pass me ideas for more backhanded jokes. The only one I remember is that Brent gave me one where we managed to get Trump to give the He-Man speech about him being Master of the Universe. There was some other stuff, but I pretty much spent that dream sequence laughing my ass off.

Good job brain, that's better.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 pm

i was me, but in some fuckin' way i was employed by the white house as like a ... pet keeper? because i was responsible for keeping this horrible ratlike weasel thing thing that had been given to trump as a gift by some eastern european psychopath like erdogan, so that coming to visit the thing would be an excuse for clandestine meetings. it was cute in kind of a gross way and gave the impression of being kind of filthy and slept 22 hours a day but it had cute little toe beans and so i was just sitting at my computer with it curled up on my desk and i was just playing with its toe beans.
end of dream.