Re: The Ever-Expanding Worlds of Warcraft

Postby pacobird » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:33 pm

server, or does that even matter anymore

my gear is shit but i got a legendary cloak BEFORE IT WAS NERFED

(was it nerfed)

Bal

Postby Bal » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm tempted, but my only 90 is my druid, and doing Jade Forest again is a kind of obscure pain in the back of my mind.

Niku

Postby Niku » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 pm

The challenge modes are almost legit worth doing just for how fun they are in and of themselves, since it's basically just raiding with a way more manageable herd of cats. Also if you have a smattering of Siege gear of any ilevel, the extra gear slots apparently trivialize a lot of the difficulty from the stat squishing. Our group spent about two or three weeks learning and working our way through them back in late 5.1 / 5.2, but out other main healer blew through all of them in a night with a 5.4 cross-realm group.

And if all you want are Silvers for the mount you can basically just show up and fart on the dungeons lightly. This is understandable if you're one of the classes with a bad Gold set but goddamn the Shaman shoulders rule and when I /roar I combust.

norn

Postby norn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:53 pm

well, in all seriousness, i really would not want anyone not already planning on playing WoD to bother. sieg conned me into buying it (because i have no willpower and games are boring as hell this summer) but if you are equally bored or planning on fucking around in WoD as well, sieg and i are both interested--his DK, my paladin--so in theory that's tank/healer (though either of us can deeps, etc.)

getting CM-geared, as far as i can tell, entails spending an hour on the timeless isle then optionally running LFR for a SoO weapon or trinket or something, then buying invisibility potions and relying on someone who cares (so probably sieg) to watch videos and call shots. dunno!

MoP seems like it was an okay expansion. piss on all the mounts having such high gold costs though.

hi niku.

Bal

Postby Bal » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm planning to play WoD, and I want to re-up for the anniversary content soooooo, yeah. I don't know if you want huntsman or durid, but I actually kind of hate what hunter has become, so there's that.

sei

Postby sei » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 pm

if you sons of bitches pull me back into that vortex i'm going to be so mad

pacobird wrote:server, or does that even matter anymore

my gear is coconut but i got a legendary cloak BEFORE IT WAS NERFED

(was it nerfed)

Server doesn't matter for CMs. Just cutting-edge raid content (normal/heroic for current tier) and arena teams, IIRC. NFI about RBGs because fuck BGs.

BUT GUESS WHAT IF YOU'RE THE WRONG FACTION YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS LOLOLOL

Lyrai

Postby Lyrai » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Postby Newbie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:36 am

sei wrote:BUT GUESS WHAT IF YOU'RE THE WRONG FACTION YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS LOLOLOL

Part of the reason I used my level 90 boost to make a Hordie on Korgath with Joxam and Mal! Fuck this game's most inane hoop to jump through; they can change your faction so it doesn't break RP when you time-travel to rescue Thrall from internment, but they can't use that same tech to join your friends' raid groups? Fine, I'll maintain max level characters on both factions. That's not cumbersome at all.

In other news, I didn't realize that you've got to get green fire before WoD if you want the new warlock title they're adding, and I already blew my boost on a priest, so I'm now chain-running dungeons in order to level in time. Man, Dire Maul was kind of a hot mess, huh?
tiny text

Rico

Postby Rico » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 am

Dire Maul is fine. Sure, Kromcrush Mortal Strikes, that's why you bring 4 healers instead of 3 with your Arms Warrior.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:42 am

I'm at like i501 with my lock and I can't do the green fire.

I just suck.

sei

Postby sei » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 am

Newbie wrote:
sei wrote:BUT GUESS WHAT IF YOU'RE THE WRONG FACTION YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS LOLOLOL

Part of the reason I used my level 90 boost to make a Hordie on Korgath with Joxam and Mal! pineapple this game's most inane hoop to jump through; they can change your faction so it doesn't break RP when you time-travel to rescue Thrall from internment, but they can't use that same tech to join your friends' raid groups? Fine, I'll maintain max level characters on both factions. That's not cumbersome at all.

In other news, I didn't realize that you've got to get green fire before WoD if you want the new warlock title they're adding, and I already blew my boost on a priest, so I'm now chain-running dungeons in order to level in time. Man, Dire Maul was kind of a hot mess, huh?

Max level is nothing. Keeping your gear up to date* on both sides is not remotely practical.

Dire Maul was rad. In an era when tons of bads were zerging UBRS, Scholomance, and Stratholme... Dire Maul presented challenging content that you could do with actual friends, instead of needing to pool warm bodies.

*Heroic current tier.

Rico

Postby Rico » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:39 am

*exception, sei would not do DMW with fewer than four Warlocks

norn

Postby norn » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/news=242815/prep ... hievements

let's go nerds, this stuff isn't gonna get itself!

d3 more like dzzz.

Rico

Postby Rico » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Out of town for a bit, getting back on the 8th, will probably hate myself enough to reup. Do not remember even having done any dungeons once I hit max level though.

... Or maybe I stopped at 89? And am on Cho'gall? I don't remember doing that. Does that matter?

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 am

I'm going to level Ziiro the great betrayer of dethecus shaman up to 90 for CMs.

Since as is we lack a bloodlust character

other than that just party up and get it all done I guess

norn

Postby norn » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:40 am

this situation reminds me of the movie where jon bon jovi bought haley joel osment a world of warcraft subscription and then told him to "pay it forward" and so he went to school and got his friends world of warcraft subscriptions as well.

it also reminds me of the show 'cheers'. i can't imagine why!

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 am

17 levels of Wrath, Cata, and MOP vs $60 is a really hard decision after doing some leveling today

Rico

Postby Rico » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:50 am

As I recall, you were always pretty responsible with your money, so clearly you'll level.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:42 am

Bought a level boost because fuck it #yolo

Items set me up to be LFR ready as well as cruise through the timeless isle and get up to snuff fairly quick. It helps I had a pile of Timeless Isle Mail on an alt character, so:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... iro/simple

Decent number of epics for fresh 90. I'm nearly SoO ready as well. Ready for challenge modes gear wise at least

Learning proper rotations and tricks for a DPS class I've never played however

oh boy

Niku

Postby Niku » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Yeah jesus christ. I used my pre-order boost on a Warlock, puttered around for a week or so on it, and then decided that maybe it was best to wait for WoD's simplification. Though I probably should get in there and try to farm up a Sealed Tome for sweet titles.