With Friends Like These, Who Needs Anomalies? A Gravity Falls fanfic by me

Healy

With Friends Like These, Who Needs Anomalies? A Gravity Falls fanfic by me

Postby Healy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 am

Hello there. Do you like Gravity Falls? How about fanfiction? Or flash fiction? Are you waiting on tenterhooks for Journal 3 and need some hearty chuckles to pass the time? If so, then perhaps my new series With Friends Like These, Who Needs Anomalies? is right for you. It's a collection of 100 word stories about Stanford and Fiddleford researching anomalies and ticking each other off. Here's a sample chapter:

“A heckhound!” gasped Stanford. “I’ve never seen one this close to the house before! How are we going to get back in now?”

“Ooh! Let’s use this!” Fiddleford got out a dog leash and collar.

“That’s… obviously not going to work,” said Stanford.

“Just try it!”

Stanford reluctantly took the leash and collar, then crept up behind the heckhound. “Heeeere girl…

In a flash the heckhound jumped Stanford and nearly devoured him in its vicious jaws. “Fiddleford, help me!” Stanford screamed.

“Aaaah!” cried Fiddleford. “I didn’t think it’d try to eat you! I’m so sorry!”

Stanford scowled. “You’d better be.”

(Note: While you could probably get most of these stories without watching the show, there are some you won't understand what's going on without some idea of who these characters are. I'm thinking of chapters 7 and 9 in particular here. Just know that Bill Cipher is a triangle-shaped dream demon who, at the time this story takes place, can possess Stanford at will.)

If you have any comments, just let me know! This is the first flashfic series I've done with a continuing theme (it'd be too much to call it a plot), so I'm still working out the kinks as I go. I can't promise that I'll be able to make any major improvements to this series, but I'll keep them in mind for any series I might do in the future. *coughStanowarIIcough* Anyway, I hope you enjoy this!

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Re: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Anomalies? A Gravity Falls fanfic by me

Postby Mothra » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:55 pm

This was cute! I like these. Voice seems right for the characters.

Healy

Re: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Anomalies? A Gravity Falls fanfic by me

Postby Healy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 am

Thanks! I'm never too sure about my voice for Fiddleford, but then it's not like we got much of a view of him before he went cray-cray on the show.

Anyway, on today's installments, Fiddleford insults Stanford's musical tastes, then goes for a ride down a space ship. Don't miss 'em!